Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008

I have to say that 2008 has been the best and I don't know how 2009 can compete, but I'll try to make it happen! Joey and I have been truly blessed this year in so many ways, so let's recap.

January
Joey and I announce our engagement and we start planning our wedding. Joey gets his official orders to Kadena and prepares for his move. I begin peer counseling/mentoring students at school.

February
Joey redesigned and restored a Cherokee Rose 4ft. decal for a Tanker. Joey leaves Robins AFB. Joey and I get married! Joey leaves for Kadena.

March
I get my best GPA at UCSD despite the craziness during the quarter and begin my last quarter of school. Joey immediately falls in love with Okinawa. Joey gets his Nissan Skyline.

April
Joey and I web cam as much as we can during our busy schedules between California and Okinawa.

May
I started my blog. I begin my medical clearance and paperwork so Joey can get his orders amended for me to join him in Okinawa.

June
I get my orders and plane ticket for Kadena. I graduate college. I go to the San Diego County Fair (aka Del Mar Fair). I pack all my belongings to be shipped to Japan. I have a goodbye/graduation party. I go to Las Vegas with my cousins. I leave for Okinawa. I get stranded in San Francisco. Joey's sister, aunt, and mom rescue me and I got to spend a day with them before I try to leave again. Joey finds us an apartment.

July
I land in Okinawa. I immediately fall in love with Okinawa, too. It's the first time Joey and I were physically under the same roof for more than two weeks and learned how to live together smoothly. I learn what it's like to be a military spouse overseas. We encounter geckos and spiders, eek! We start to go on many food adventures

August
We go to a festival, and another festival. We go to the Churaumi Aquarium. Joey and I celebrate our 6 Month Wedding Anniversary. I learn how to drive on the right side of the car, on the left side of the road and Joey gets his promotion! I get my car. We finally go to the beach in Oki for the first time.

September
Joey and I go to the Nago Pineapple Park. I temporarily babysit for a month. We get our furniture. We start snorkeling.

October
We celebrate Joey's birthday. We get a Wii. We Pumpkin Patrol.

November
We celebrate my birthday. We finally get Vonage. We send out our Christmas gifts early. We have a fun Thanksgiving. Black Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

December
Joey teaches me how to solve the Rubik's Cube. We see the Harlem Globetrotters. We win a lot of prizes at Joey's Christmas Work Party. Joey and I made gingerbread houses and opened presents. I made a yummy Prime Rib for Christmas.

We wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year!

No comments: