Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

I celebrated my birthday this weekend and had a blast thanks to the greatest husband, Joey. There have been things I've wanted to do and places I've wanted to see for a long time, but have never gotten around to doing them. So, Joey surprised me the whole weekend by taking me to those places.

The one place I knew we were going to was Cocok's, the 'it' place on the island to get your nails done. It's an hour and a half appointment, which includes an oil leg massage and beautiful, hand painted designs on each nail. They also served Okinawan donuts (to celebrate their three year anniversary) and a nice cold drink, which was calamansi juice, making the experience even better! Although, I have to admit, it wasn't up to my full expectations. I thought we'd be sitting in the massaging chairs with a jet foot spa, like the ones back in the States, but instead leather lazy boy chairs and a foot basin.

Joey also took me to Tobaru Koen Park that has a giant roller slide! There are a few parks that have these types of slides and are fun for all ages. We took cardboard to sit on as we slid down, upon the recommendations of others, to go faster and to avoid butt burn. It helped somewhat, but Joey and I still felt warm and tingly afterwards.
I've been wanting to go to Arin Krin, a garlic restaurant, ever since I landed on Okinawa, and I finally went! Joey surprised me for dinner and took me there, and oh my goodness, the food was great! It's a good thing Joey and I are married already, because we had stinky garlic breath later, but I loved it!
For dessert, we went to Blue Seal, an ice cream parlor. I usually get frozen yogurt while Joey gets an ice cream filled crepe. Since it was my birthday, I decided to get one too. Yummy!
Joey got a Blueberry Cheesecake Crepe with Cheesecake ice cream. I got a Chocolate Banana Crepe with Chocolate ice cream.

We went to the BX, as usual, and saw that they finally received a shipment of Rock Band 2 for the PS3, so we bought it. My favorite part is the singing. And since I haven't heard most of the songs prior to Rock Band and Guitar Hero, and can't sing, I would mostly screech and yelp to match the pitch. But it's fun! I think Joey's deaf now.

We finally got a house phone number, with a California area code, so people back home can call us without the international long distance charges. And, we got new cell phones and new cell phone numbers! Joey got the black/black phone and I got the White/Turquoise phone.

To end my birthday weekend, Joey bought me a dulce de leche cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. Thanks Joey for a great weekend, I couldn't have planned it better myself!

Happy Birthday to Me!

4 comments:

KRISTINA DIZON said...

happy, happy birthday sister! love you guys!!!

Heather Hansen said...

Happy birthday, Liza!!!

I haven't been to the garlic resturant yet -- but you can bet it's on my list of to do's...

And the whole but tingling... there is so many ways I can go with that. But I wont. Hehe.

apeface said...

mmmm was that a dolce de leche cheesecake?!

Charity said...

That is so sweet!!