Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday


How many of you are crazy Black Friday shoppers? Before I loved Black Friday! When I was younger, my dad would spoil my sisters, my mom, and I rotten with a shopping spree on Black Friday and the day after Christmas. But we grew older, started working, and started making our own money ... and my dad soon figured out his girls are expensive! I would still go shopping, sometimes by myself because I'm cheap and I love sales!

But moving to the island and the BX/PX being the only American stores that cater to Black Friday sales, it's crazy! The 1st 100 people in line at the BX/PX get a $20 gift card. Since Joey and I are weirdos, don't have kids, and want free money, we headed over to Kadena's BX at 4:00 am ... and it didn't open until 7:00 am. But of course, there were over 100 people in line already, plus the other hundred lined up at the other entrance in the back! We live far and didn't want to drive back home, so we stayed in line, in the freezing cold ... just because!

We didn't see any items on sale that really caught our eye, so ended up just buying items regular price ONLY because they had them in stock and we never knew when they would get them again if they sold out.

After getting really grumpy and frustrated, due to the lack of sleep and hunger, and trying the move between the crowd, we headed back home after lunch ... only to take a mini nap and head back to the BX at 4:00 pm to get these scratchers that might be a $100 gift card and because there was a 25% sale off all Coach purses between 6 pm to 7 pm.

But good news ... no, GREAT news! The gas station on base finally lowered the gas prices from $4.06 to $2.43! It took about $20 to fill up my tank, that's almost half of what I normally spend!


Well, off to sleep! Why? Because Joey and I are still crazy after what happened today and are going to line up earlier tomorrow morning to try to get a free $20 gift card (with no intention of buying anything in particular) after waiting in line in the freezing cold.

1 comment:

Charity said...

You ARE crazy! :-) But I am super excited about that gas. It usually only takes $20 to fill my tank so I can't wait to need gas again!