Saturday, June 7, 2008

Oki, Here I Come!

I finally have orders! After almost four months of getting my paper work done for my screening clearance, I am officially command sponsored! Why did it take so long? First, because Joey left his leaving base unaccompanied, came to San Diego, we got married, and then left for Kadena AB. Second, because I kept getting the run around from the Air Force saying I could not get my paperwork done at the Naval or Marine bases, which are located conveniently in San Diego. They told me that I had to go to an AF facility, which is completely out of the way … two to three hours out of the way. All the clinics close by 4:30pm, and I go to school full time. I was finally given permission to have the Navy sign off my forms, but I had to fulfill both Navy and AF requirements for screening clearance. There was a lot of back and forth issues!

But, I’m done! I finally get to join Joey, who has been in Oki for four months already. I miss him so much! I’m set to leave by the end of the month! Let’s pray that I do well on my finals, start packing to get my express shipment ready, and have a great graduation!

Here's a glimpse of the Coronado bridge in San Diego. Joey took this picture when we took the Harbor Excursion tour a while back. Not that I go to Coronado often, but it's just one of the many landmarks in SD.



No comments: