Friday, June 27, 2008

Pre-Goodbye Weekend

This past week has been busy for both Joey and me!

Joey moved out of the dorms and into our new apartment! He got the government furniture (until we receive our shipment) which isn’t that bad because the couches and bed are new, got a cell phone because the internet and landline aren’t hooked up yet, went food shopping, bought curtains, and running around doing other things to prepare the apartment and for my arrival. I miss him!

I, on the other hand, have been everywhere! On Friday, I had my PGRAD (Pilipino Graduation) Ceremony held by an organization I’m in at UCSD, where each graduate is recognized individually. It was a sit-down dinner, with a speaker for each graduate, and we received our stoles for our graduation gown. The design is of the Philippine flag with Alibata writing, which is a Tagalog script or pre-Spanish Philippine writing system (says Wikipedia). I have no idea what it says.


On Saturday, I went with my family to the San Diego Fair, originally known as the Del Mar Fair. It’s a huge fair that last for three weeks, with fattening foods, many exhibits and shops, and rides. There is one food vendor that sells all things FRIED – fried oreos, fried frog legs, fried twinkies, fried cola, etc. Last year, I tried the fried oreos, and they weren’t bad. This year, I had the Krispy Kreme Chicken Sandwich – it was a glazed, raspberry filled donut with honey and a chicken patty inside. Some people like it, but I didn’t!

Sunday was my actual graduation at UCSD. UCSD is split into six different undergraduate colleges, and I go to Revelle, which was the last college to graduate that weekend, which was fine because it was at 5:00 p.m., when it wasn’t as hot. There are a total of 6,000 graduates at UCSD and I survived! I am officially an UC San Diego alumna with a B.S. in Pharmacological Chemistry!

Then, early Monday morning to late Tuesday night, I went to Las Vegas with my older sister and two cousins! The main purpose was to see my other cousin, the one in the purple who is pregnant! The trip was also a mini celebration for me and my cousin, in the yellow, because we both graduated from college.



Three more days left in sunny San Diego! I’m going to miss my family and friends, but I can’t wait see to Joey!

2 comments:

The Howes Family said...

Oh I knew I liked you. My husband is filipino. So my babies are half!
Why don't you smuggle us some of those mocha spongecake things from Goldilocks in CA!!! We LOVE them.
Just bring a suitcase of them.

Enjoy your flight! I know your excited to get here.

aviva5271 said...

CONGRATULATIONS and OMG I MISS THE SD FAIR! I hope you ate some fried twinkies, funnel cake, grilled corn and fish tacos for me. Yum.