Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Torii Beach

Joey and I went to the beach here for the first time, with a friend and her son. I know what you're thinking. 'You haven't been to the beach yet, and you've lived in Oki how long?' I don't know why Joey waited this long, but as for me, I hate baking in the sun! So we went in the evening to Torii Beach, which is located within an Army base, the closest base to our apartment. Surprisingly, for a weekend (Sunday), there was no one! Maybe because they were all at the Eisa Festival or the Beer Fest ... or they were at the BX shopping for their kids because the school year started this week for most schools.

Joey's trying to be the next Michael Phelps.
(Ahh, my picture isn't straight, sorry!)


Our beach shoes. Flattering huh? They're the only colors available at the BX.
The sand over here is mixed with coral, which sometimes doesn't feel too nice on your feet.

1 comment:

Edgar said...

Torii beach, BeerFest, Food, Video games...what a life!