Monday, August 4, 2008

10,000 Eisa Dancers Parade

Joey and I went to the 10,000 Eisa Dancers Parade in Naha on Sunday. Eisa is a form of dance where people of all ages chant, sing, dance, and pound on drums all together, wearing colorful clothes. Naha is south of the island and we went to Kokusai Street, which I'm assuming is equivalent to their downtown.



It was really fun seeing these dancers perform. The youngest performer I saw had to have been at least 3 years old!

In between performances, Joey and I strolled the street to look at the various shops. Some had been closed because of the parade, so I think we'll try going there again, sans parade. After an hour of watching, it began to RAIN! It wasn't even one of those "warning" type of rains. It was humid and hot (as usual) one second, then a downpour of water the next. Luckily, we brought our gigantic umbrella we got at Universal Studios, which was able to cover Joey and I ... and a few more surrounding people.

No comments: