Friday, August 22, 2008

Promotion ... and Liza Driving?

First off, I just want to say that I am so proud of Joey because he just got PROMOTED! Woohoo! Today was the promotion party, so Joey picked me up and brought me. I'm glad I got to spend this celebration with him, since I've missed out on past promotions.

Forgot to tell you, the day I got my license, Joey bought me a car, but wasn't ready for pick-up until today. So at the promotion party, Joey asked if he could drink along with his fellow promoted celebrants, and afterwards, we could go to the dealership to pick up the car ... so I would have to drive home (I can't drive his car because it's a stick shift). Me? Driving home for the first time? At night? With a drunk passenger? I said no, meaning he couldn't drink. But he found out about a taxi service called Daiko, which picks you up at the base, along with another driver to follow behind driving your car home, so you have your car in the morning! When we were ready to go home, we found out that they don't start their taxi service until 8pm, and it was 5:30pm when we found out ... and this was AFTER Joey was already drunk!

I fortunately didn't drink, and therefore, was forced to get our car that night and drive home! I have to say, I did pretty well, considering I was shaking from my head to my toes as I got into the driver's seat! I haven't driven in two months! Only trouble I had was using the wind shield wipers as my turn signal (they're switched on either side in Japan).

1 comment:

Heather Hansen said...

I'm so messed up... first learning to drive here, then going home and being confused...

... wait, what side? Oh, right, RIGHT!...

Now I'm back and REALLY CONFUSED. UGH. Better stay off the road for a few days -- I could be dangerous! LOL

Congrats on the promotion, Joey.

And post a picture of your car!