Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Joey!

Little did he know, I put trick candles on the cake!

Happy Birthday Joey! We celebrated Joey's birthday, and lucky for him, it was a three day weekend! Saturday, he went out snorkeling with a bunch of friends. I stayed at the apartment to cook lunch for them afterwards. I made some of Joey's faves, like Filipino spaghetti (the sweet kind), lumpia, and leche flan for dessert, along with some cheese & garlic biscuits, potato salad, sweet BBQ spare ribs, and an ice cream cake.

Because it was his birthday weekend, I gave him one present per day. And because I had to hide the presents all over the house so Joey wouldn't find it, I had a hard time relocating them once it was time to give it to him! Friday, I gave him swimming trunks to wear on Saturday. Saturday, I gave him an underwater writing tablet to use when snorkeling and a goggle anti-fogger. Later that night, I gave him the game Rock Band for him PS3, with Rock Band 2 to come later once it gets released. Then Sunday, I gave him shoes.

On his actual birthday, I made sure we went out to lunch where he would eat noodles! Ever since I was little, my mom always made sure we had noodles to eat on our birthday to signify long life. I'm not sure if it's a Filipino superstition or just my moms, and even though I'm not really superstitious, I plan on carrying out the tradition.

2 comments:

KRISTINA DIZON said...

leche flan?! oh man, i'm jealous!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER!!

arikisa said...

looks like you guys had a great time. tell joey i said happy birthday. i tried texting him but it kept on coming back as undeliverable, so i emailed him but he hasn't responded...i'm not suprised. so could you please give him a big kiss and a smack across the head from me. thanks. take care!