Saturday, October 18, 2008

Joey's the Favorite

My sisters and I often joke that we're, "Mom and Dad's favorite, and that they love me more." And yes, we're all over the age of 18 and considered adults, but whatever, we're sisters. I'm close to both of them, including my parents, and not talking to them everyday like we used to has been limited to at least once a week.

I usually talk to them via web cam (it's free!) on Monday mornings (Japan time), which would be their Sunday night. But lately, it's just been me and my younger sister, with my mom stopping whatever she's doing to talk for a short while. My dad would talk to me for a millisecond to ask how I am doing and if I'm okay, then leave to watch TV/football, do laundry, or sleep. My older sister is always too busy with school or work, that we often have to schedule a time to catch up ... every two to three weeks.

Well, Joey had the day off on Monday, so therefore was home during the time that I talk to my family. And guess what, my dad stayed MUCH longer talking to us than he usually does when it's just me! Later, I remembered the last time Joey was home on a Monday (Labor Day weekend), my dad did the same thing! Also, I realized both parents seem more lively than usual whenever Joey's home during our chats.

Hmm ... maybe Joey's the favorite? Maybe because he's their only son (in-law) and the son they never had, but wished for. Wait. What am I thinking? For my sisters reading this, Nanie and Frenchie, just always remember, I AM MOM AND DAD'S FAVORITE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOOO! NEITHER YOU, JOE, OR ATEH ARE THE FAVORITE! I AM THEE FAVORITE (; HA HA! - Frenchie

KRISTINA DIZON said...

excuse me!!! i'm the ONLY favorite among all of us! just so you know, mom and dad just don't want to hurt your feelings so they tell you otherwise...

Edgar said...

Is this the proverbial sibling rivalry? Joey & Liza, what would be neat is a web cam conference call between Okinawa, San Diego, Bay area & Naples...perhaps once a month?

TE

arikisa said...

hahah! you guys are funny.