Sunday, October 26, 2008

Smelly House

When we went snorkeling last week, Joey collected some shells (as usual). Once we got home, he rinsed the shells off a bit and left them outside on the balcony to dry ... and forgot about them, until today.

An hour ago, I went into the kitchen and found that Joey was boiling something. That something was one of the shells! Apparently, Joey got the idea to boil the shell in water to reduce the stink, which he heard from a friend. What that friend might have forgotten to tell him was that he probably boiled his shells in water the day he got the shells because right now, my home smells like I'm living in a fish market! I don't think Joey realized the amount of stink one shell would produce. Therefore, he didn't close any of the bedroom doors, allowing the smell to creep in each room and cling to the walls and furniture.

Of course I can't get mad at him, especially after he looks at me with his puppy dog eyes and says, "Oops, I'm sorry" (with his mischievous smile). So sorry in advance if no one gets an invitation to our home in the next couple of weeks, or until the stink goes away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! I can so see Joey doing that. Sucks that your place stinks like Seafood City though. Hi sister, hi brother!