Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cheeseburger Contest

When I arrived on the island, one of Joey's co-workers was PCSing out, and gave us so many candles and cooking spices, some of which they had three of, like paprika, nutmeg, and salt! Thankfully, Joey and I love to cook, but I tend to take over the kitchen more because he's at work and is really hungry by the time he gets home.

I try to make dinner interesting time to time and one night, I got creative. I decided to make homemade mini-cheeseburgers. I used the Hawaiian wheat rolls as buns and made six different flavors of hamburger patties: Hot Pepper, Garlic, Italian Spice, Oregano and Parsley, Steak Flavor, and Spicy Steak.

We rated each burger on tastiness, and it was a tie between the Hot Pepper and Garlic! Right now, I'm trying to figure out the best BBQ sauce. Anyone have a great recipe?

1 comment:

Charity said...

I have a recipe, or will have once my household goods arrive, of a Jack Daniels bar-b-que sauce. It's supposed to be similar to what you can buy premade, but it is so much better!