Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello 2009

Happy New Year! We didn't do anything fancy New Year's Eve. We stayed home, I made a feast, we drank wine, and watched movies. We were able to watch fireworks from our window which look about a 15 minutes drive away - it's where we would see fireworks practically every night in the summer during the festival season.

For the past couple of years, I haven't made any resolutions. No reason, just cause. I figure this year, I'll make some, because I don't have the stress of work or school to use as an excuse. So here are mine and Joey's New Year Resolutions.

1. (Joey) Take college courses - just the general stuff for now.
2. (Liza) Find a job or volunteer work - at least part-time.
3. Travel Asia - outside of Okinawa.
4. Stay in touch with friends and family - how can we not?
5. Learn conversational Japanese - enough to get by.
6. Eat healthier - portion control and eating all the food groups daily.
7. Exercise at least 3 times a week - I'll hate it, but it's necessary.
8. Laugh daily - I'm talking stomach pain laughing.
9. Never go to bed angry - we never do, but it's always a good rule to live by (and when is Joey ever mad anyway?).
10. Save money - which might be hard, especially if we want to travel.

Have you made your resolutions?

No comments: