Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another Crawler

I hop out of the shower, and go to grab a tissue which is on the shelf above the sink. I haven't put on my glasses yet, so I'm partially blind, but I see a dark colored blob above the tissue box. It immediately registers in my head that it's either a gecko or spider. I hate both! I grab my glasses, and see that it's the worse of the two, a spider!

However, this spider is smaller than this spider, but still big enough to see its defined dark brown legs and body. I call Joey, who's on his way home, and ask how long until he gets home ... 15 minutes.

So I sit on the corner of my bed, with dripping wet hair, in full view of the bathroom and the spider, waiting for Joey. And waiting. And waiting. I hear Joey's car ... 9 minutes! He takes another minute to come upstairs. He grabs the Swiffer broom and BAM, it's dead! That was 10 minutes of agonizing spider watching, and now my left eye is twitching ... literally twitching.

Our Japanese agent told us a while back that a spider entering one's home is a sign of good luck and money to come our way. Well, I guess we just squashed our luck today!

1 comment:

Charity said...

I'm with you! I would have to have Chris squash our luck, too.