Friday, January 30, 2009

Eating Habits

The other day, Joey and I were eating pizza and he was laughing at the way I eat. Yes, I'm confessing I have strange eating habits. He asked me if anyone other than my family knows about how I eat, and I told him some friends back home do, but no one here in Okinawa. I should also add that every week I go out to lunch with friends, and every time I try very hard to eat "normal". Wondering about how I eat? Well, I eat in layers. Yep, layers and I always save the best for last.

Some examples:
PIZZA: Toppings and cheese first, the body next, then the crust last.
BURGERS: Veggies first, the bread next, then the meat patty last.
SANDWICHES: Same as the burgers.
TWIX: Chocolate sides first, the caramel next, then the cookie last.
LUMPIA: Wrapper first, then the meat inside.

Anything with distinct layers, I'd eat it weird. Whew, now I have nothing to hide when I go out to eat! You'd laugh at me, but I won't care.

6 comments:

Jessica Simmons said...

Wanna go to Gordie's for burgers tomorrow? heh. I never noticed before, but now I will be watching! :o)

Charity said...

LOL! I can't wait to see this in action. My husband eats in sections on a plate. First veggie, then carb, then meat; not always in that order!

Anonymous said...

I eat pizza the same way! I'll eat the pepperoni off first, then the cheese and any other toppings together (kinda), then the body, then the crust. I also eat twix top first and cookie crunch last. I eat all around my sandwiches and burgers first and then go for the middle. For 3 musketeers I eat all the chocolate except the layer on the bottom and then eat the fluffy part. I've had friends comment that I'm not a good sharer of food, but it's because they'll say when I'm almost dont "Can I have a bite?" and by that point I've saved all the good stuff and don't want to share. I swear I'm a good sharer if I know from the beginning of the meal that sharing will be expected of me! :)

AmyD from lunch ladies

Edgar said...

I think there's a medical term for that...

Liza said...

I do that with some things too Amy! I just didn't want to add that cause then people would think I'm extra weird! But since you said it first, then it's okay now, hah!

Anonymous said...

I know that well since when you were little.

MOM