Friday, January 16, 2009

Twilight

A few months ago I told my family that I was reading books for leisure, and they laughed. Laughed out loud. Then my mom asked me, "Are you ill?" I'm sure if she were physically present, she'd feel my forehead to see if I have a temperature, which she has done in the past.

I should explain that I never read leisurely, until now. I just didn't like to read. I thought that I already had to read textbooks, why punish me more. But with all my free time now, I realized that I don't mind reading.

I heard about the Twilight Saga books a few months ago, and knew a movie was coming out. I read them. And I loved them. Today, they finally showed the movie here in Oki after being released in the States two months ago. I watched the movie online, but the copy wasn't good.

So Joey and I went for the first showing at 6pm. What a mistake! The theater was packed with pre-teen girls who screamed every 30 seconds, even after many, many people not-so-kindly told them to be quiet. It was my fault. I knew they were going to be there, but I had to watch it today, and it was more convenient for Joey and I to watch it at 6pm, rather than 9:30pm.

I know it was only a few years ago when I was that age, but I was never that annoying! I'm off to get a drink ... maybe two drinks!

2 comments:

Charity said...

All of the teens must have been at your movie! It was actually pleasantly quiet at the 9:30 showing.

Heather Hansen said...

We drank prior to watching... LOL!