Sunday, January 18, 2009

Awase Fish Market

Went to the Awase Fish Market yesterday! Mainly to try the lobster set at their mini restaurant. I don't remember the last time I had lobster, but it was yummy! Joey and I shared this dish set, as well as some fried tempura fish which they sold outside.

The market was smaller than I expected. Basically they have different kinds of fish thrown in large bins for you to choose from. Everything is in Japanese, but there was a handy dandy fish chart (forgot to take a picture) to identify whatever you choose.
We would have gotten the 3 foot long mahi-mahi, but I have no room for it in our freezer, and we sure weren't going to eat that much fish this weekend! And I didn't know how to cook the other kinds of fish, so we got blue crabs! I steamed them that night for dinner! Delicious!

Right outside the fish market there's a dock, go figure! We spent a little while out there taking pictures of the fishing boats. I tried to be artistic and take good photos. I failed. Once I know how to use Photoshop, I'll post them!

1 comment:

The Howes Family said...

ohh I love crab... We need to get down there.