Friday, January 9, 2009

Ugh, I Hate Being Sick

I'm sick right now. I caught a cold and sore throat from Joey yesterday, and I feel even worse today. Usually I just shrug off my sickness and do whatever it is I need to do. But all I want to do right now is stay in bed and watch The Joy Luck Club which is showing on TV right now. Is it possible to not get sick when someone in the same house is sick?

I find it ironic that I was a Pre-Pharmacy major, and I hate taking medicine - unless of course I had a migraine or cramps. When I was younger, it took the strength of two parents and my older sister to hold me down and force medicine down my throat ... literally.

It wasn't until I started dating Joey that I started taking medicine. And if I had a sore throat or cough, he'd make me take the liquid form because it coats the throat. Bleh! I hate tasting my medicine! And now that we live together, he sits there watching me take it! Ugh. I hate bring sick!

5 comments:

Heather said...

LIza I feel your pain. I am SO sick right now to with an awful cold. I have been taking everything to prevent but it isn't working and it isn't going away. I hope you are better soon!

Charity said...

Poor Liza! Get better soon!

Heather Hansen said...

If you shared your germs with me yesterday... girl, you better start running now. If I get sick within the next week, I'm blaming YOU!

Oh, and get better soon!

Jessica Simmons said...

Aww crap, I sat next to you...I'm screwed.

KRISTINA DIZON said...

aww...hope you get better! holding you down and forcing you to take medicine...lol, those were the days!!