Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just My Luck

I wake up with Joey every morning to pack his breakfast and lunch while he gets ready for work. Yes, I know, I'm a good wife. But it also gives him extra sleeping time in the morning.

This morning, I get up half awake, walk toward the hallway, and what do I see? A beetle. A huge beetle! A huge, black, fat beetle upside down! I haven't even seen these beetles since the summer time, so what in the world was it doing in my hallway? I scream and Joey comes to the rescue with a half shaven face.

After, he starts to check the other rooms. He turns on the lights in the computer room, searches it, and turns off the lights 2 seconds later. I see a discrepancy behind the curtain rod, thinking it's just a bolt, but I check anyway. Yup, it's a spider! I just had one last week, won't these things go away! It's even bigger than the infamous door spider. I scream again, and Joey comes to my rescue ... again.

I'm thinking that the bugs were hiding in our water boots that Joey brought in from the outside, which he assured me he checked before bringing it in. So here I am, on my laptop in the family room, because I'm too afraid to be alone in the computer room on the desktop. Now, only if I can think of a fast way to shower and leave the house without bugs sneaking inside.

I guess today was supposed to be my extra lucky day. Too bad.

No comments: