Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Work Party

This past Saturday, we attended Joey's work party at the NCO Club on Kadena. Not knowing what to expect, I had a good time ... mostly due to the fact that Joey kept winning the raffle prizes, five to be exact! They weren't the big prizes, like the 42" TV or 50/50 drawing, but the best prize he won was 1 Free Day Off from work, any day of his choice! He needs a day off, he deserves it!

One of the games they played was Musical Chairs and Joey got picked. In the end of the game, it was between him and his co-worker, who was a girl ... and Joey clearly won, as the girl barely had half a butt cheek on the seat. But with Joey being the gentleman he is, he gave up his seat letting the girl win the IPod Shuffle prize. Okay, so we didn't need the IPod Shuffle anyway, but come on, Joey won! He got a handful of grunts and teases from his male colleagues when he came back to the table with his consolation prize. Sometimes, my husband is too nice!

The dinner was great, buffet style! The desserts, not so much. It would have been better if we beat the crowd who took all the brownies for the chocolate fondue fountain - there were only pretzels left once we got there. We had some drinks, unfortunately, the Japanese bartender didn't know many drink combinations, so I stuck with my Pineapple Malibu. And don't worry, we didn't drink and drive! There were designated drivers that volunteered their night to drive anyone home - which Joey did the night before for a different squadron's Christmas Party.

I love the holidays! I think I'm going to listen (and sing along with) my Mariah Carey Christmas album, make myself a peppermint mocha, watch Elf ... and hope my Christmas presents from my parents arrived at the Post Office!

3 comments:

Heather Hansen said...

1. You looked HAWT. OMG -- SO HAWT.

2. I'm glad Joey's a nice guy. You wouldn't want to be married to a jerk. I think it's sweet he let her win.

3. OMG -- I DRINK PINEAPPLE AND MALIBU TOO!!!!!!!! Liza + Heather = friends forever!

Charity said...

I agree with Heather. You guys look great! Glad to hear you had fun.

KRISTINA DIZON said...

uhh...aren't you anxious to receive my xmas presents, too?