Sunday, December 28, 2008

Post-Christmas

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! We had an awesome past few days! This was the first time we have spent the Holiday's together, and although it was my first Christmas without my family, I loved it!

On Christmas Eve, I spent the day baking, prepping the prime rib for Christmas, and wrapping gifts, and best of all, Joey got off work earlier than expected. Our Christmas tree was sprawling with gifts - thank you everyone, we love everything we got!

Joey got a whole new wardrobe from his favorite store, Express for Men. It looked like my sisters bought the whole store! I got make-up, of course, from Sephora and a Bare Mineral's set; as well as the Jon and Kate Plus 8 DVD and book! We also got a brand new 10-piece Cuisinart pots and pans set, a 12" digital picture frame, the Life - Twists and Turns board game, and best of all, I finally have my actual college diploma (I have been waiting for my parents to send it, and now I feel like an official college graduate)!

Joey got me gifts, but I knew what it was before hand. He just wrapped them up and I pretended to be surprised when I unwrapped them - wrapping and unwrapping gifts is one of the best parts of Christmas! I got Joey SOCOM for his PS3, so if anyone wants to play with him online, let us know! And of course, he can get his 52" Sony XBR TV ... once it's in stock at the BX.

Christmas morning was taken up by making gingerbread houses! We figured that this being our first Christmas together, we should start our own traditions - one being making gingerbread houses! The day before I made the gingerbread from scratch, which turned out okay.
We assembled our Victorian style houses and decorated. But I had a lot of difficulty assembling and decorating mine, so mine just turned into a plain house with tons of frosting to recover the parts I messed up on. I'm sure you can tell which house belonged to either me or Joey - based on color and creativity.
He even made a frosted roof with smoke coming out! And a snowman! And Christmas tree! And bushes! And his looks like a Victorian style house! As you can see, my art skills are limited.

Later, we went to a friends house where we ate yummy food, played Taboo (the girls won, again), opened presents, and played the Wii.

When we got home, we opened up Life -Twists and Turns and Monopoly - World Edition to end the night by playing boardgames.

Friday was relaxing day, spent with Joey on the web cam with his family back home (as if he spent Christmas with them, how nice!) and me playing with my new make-up! And of course, ending the night with boardgames!

Thank you to all our family and friends for the calls and web cam-ing. We miss all of you back in the States, and hope to visit soon!

2 comments:

Charity said...

I think both houses are equally creative and beautiful! And we love Taboo, too! We spent Christmas doing the same thing.
:-) Hope to see you at lunch soon!

Edgar said...

It was great seeing & talking with you guys on the webcam. That must have been a record session...thanks for the unique gifts from Okinawa as well. We hope to see you this year...sometime.

TE