Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Argh to the Wii

OMG, its been 12 days since I last posted, sorry! Joey has been working a lot, sometimes being called in on his days off, so we haven't gone many places.

Yesterday, we wanted to try out a restaurant we found in the newspaper, but ended up getting lost. Instead, we found a sushi-go-round at a Jusco/Mall.

On our way out, Joey saw a one of those arcade claw games where you pick up a capsule with a key, and each key opens a different locker number filled with a prize. Joey saw the Wii in one of the lockers. He got really excited because we want a Wii, but the BX doesn't carry any Wii consoles ... just the games and accessories! Weird! So he asked me for 100 Yen to try, so I gave it to him. Then he asked for another. Then another. Soon, little boys start surrounding Joey, watching him. Joey didn't want them to play next, because they might get it. So he begged for more yen, but I didn't have any. He needed to ask for change while I stood guard.

1300 Yen later ... we had 3 times we caught the capsule but fell in mid air! After that, we didn't have anymore Yen and didn't want to break 5000 Yen. Joey wanted to play more, but I said no. He tried to bargain with me saying,

J: "What's $20 more compared to the price of a Wii?"
L: "No."
J: "Gah, I have no will power."
L: "I know. Don't worry, I'm your will power!"

We wanted locker #4

1 comment:

aviva5271 said...

I - queen of the sour grapes rationale - will tell you that you do NOT want a Japanese Wii - you want an American Wii. Trust me. One will show up in the PX or BX when you're hanging out one day, and you shall have it. And it will speak English to you!