Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Beknownst

Joey and I don't have the best vocabulary. I can barely speak in full sentences. Sometimes we make up words, but we understand each other.

For the past couple of days, we'd bet each other on whether or not our words are real words, or just made up. Whoever was wrong would have to do something in return - i.e. cook dinner or fold the laundry.

Yesterday, Joey used "beknownst" in a sentence. I understood what he was trying to say, but called him out. Once again, we pulled out the dictionary and couldn't find it. I googled the word, and found "unbeknownst," but no "beknownst." Turns out, Joey meant the word "unbeknownst" in his sentence but forgot the "un-" part, and he swears that he initially used "unbeknownst", but changed it to "beknownst" once I pointed out the word. Do you believe him, cause I didn't?

He ended up folding the laundry that night. Lesson learned, I was right - "beknownst" isn't a defined word ... yet!

3 comments:

Jessica Simmons said...

I had to look it up to make sure when I wrote this: http://brianjessicasimmons.blogspot.com/2009/01/east-coast-boundat-last.html

I sometimes say it, but usually don't WRITE it. It's a funny word. Congrats on winning! Woohoo!

Chris and Amy said...

Very funny! When I first read it I was like "Uh oh, Liza's going to be cooking". I totally thought it was a word, but then when you mentioned unbeknownst I was like "duh".

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHHA! This is funny!