Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hana Hou

Last night, Joey and I wanted to find more restuarants around Yomitan, the area we live in Okinawa. We went to a Hawaiian cafe, Hana Hou, which is a few blocks away. All I can say is yummy!

It's not the fast food, type of Hawaiian restuarant I'm used to from San Diego, like Da Kine's or L&L, but it sure did give me my Hawaiian fix. (We went to another Hawaiian restuarant last summer on the island called Ono Kau Kau, and that's just as yummy!)


The place is small and intimate, with the cutest cafe dog just walking around entertaining guests - sorry, no pictures. The service is just as expected on the island, great! Japanese customer service is phenomenal compared to that in the States. There's only one place that I have been to where the service wasn't up to par, but still better than I'd get back in the US.

Joey's guava mixed drink.

Our garlic french fries. A little pricey at 450 Yen, but still good!

Pineapple and ham pizza.

I usually don't like pineapple on pizza, or any fruit as a matter of fact (it's weird), but it was good. And those were huge pineapple chunks, too.

Can't eat Hawaiian food without spam musubi!

Mochiko chicken - super juicy!

2 comments:

Jessica Simmons said...

Mmmm! That pizza looks good! I like the little flowers on the plate too, very cute.

Anonymous said...

I had the ahi poke?, raw tuna, avocado, rice, and egg on top. So good.