Thursday, February 19, 2009

One Year Continued ...

It's been one year already! I still can't believe how fast time has gone. I can honestly say that this past year has been the most exciting and happiest year of my life!

Joey is an amazing person. Everyone who knows him knows that he is absolutely wonderful and would go out of his way to help anybody and everybody; such a selfless person. It's impossible to get mad at him because 1) he never gets mad, 2) he has a gentle, kind heart and 3) he's a gentleman.


We had a pre-Valentine's and pre-Anniversary celebration at Okuma last week, and so, we didn't have much planned for our actual Anniversary day. We started the day with Joey opening his present. For First Year Wedding Anniversary gifts, the traditional gift is 'paper' and the modern gift is a 'clock'. I found ideas online about a Monopoly game called Lovopoly, and decided to make it myself. I used pictures and places where Joey and I lived and/or spent time together. He had no clue! And Joey gave me all the scrapbooking supplies a couple of weeks ago to make all that and more.

During the day, we went to Churaumi Aquarium and the Nago Pineapple Park with Tito Egay and Tita Bah (pictures to come later). At night for dessert, we had the infamous one year old wedding cake.


Yes, it's supposed to be red. It's red velvet cake! I didn't taste bad, just a little dry. Joey and I shared one slice and barely finished half of it. After Tita Bah took her slice, we threw it away. It was just a whole lotta cake that we weren't going to eat! Good news: it was edible and no one got sick, and we have more space in our freezer!

Happy Anniversary again Joey! Can't wait for more years to come. I love you!

No comments: