Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

This week, Joey and I went ice skating! I was so excited to go ice skating, but I can't ice skate ... at all. I've only been ice skating once or twice, which ended up in cuts and bruises.

Joey, Mr. Ice-skating-is-easy, tried to teach me in the two hours we were there. When I first stepped onto the ice, I grabbed the railing and one of the Japanese girls there laughed and told me kowai, meaning scary. Yup, she was right. The result: I can go probably ~10-20 feet on my own, then stumble. Basically, I stayed along the rails the whole time while Joey skated around the rink.

Joey felt all special for about an hour of skating because he was the best one out there (there were about 14 people at the rink), then a couple of performance ice skaters came, out-skating Joey - and one of them was around seven years old!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I'm off to get ready for my date tonight ... that's Joey of course!

No comments: