Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Okuma

Joey and I just got back from an amazing weekend! We went to Okuma Resort in Northern Okinawa to kick start our celebration for our First Year Wedding Anniversary!

At Okuma we rented out the Private Beach Cottage, hence we had a private beach all to ourselves. It's far off from the regular camping areas, so it truly felt like we were the only two on the island.


Our cute, little cottage.

Our cozy cottage.

Yes, the shower is in the room and separated by a curtain.
But come on, it's a cottage for couples!

I had to show you a picture of the toilet, there's a sink on top!
Every time you flush, clean water pours out for you to wash your hands and empties out into the toilet bowl.
And no, I didn't use it. It's too weird.

Looking out to our beach from our porch.

Joey buried me in the sand and made me into a mermaid.

The second best thing about the cottage (the first being the private beach)
was the golf cart we got to drive around.

Besides playing on the beach, there are so many activities to do at Okuma! We couldn't even do all the things we wanted to do on our list in the couple of days we stayed there. It's February, so there were very few families at Okuma, which is a good thing because there was no wait for activities. And, it was a little sunny, but windy, so the water activities were limited.
The garden maze

We played tennis, and it was my first time. I wasn't good, I was horrible. I kept hitting the tennis ball over the fence, and even managed to get it stuck in the tree.
Joey throwing up his racket to get the tennis ball stuck, the tiny bright green dot, in the tree.

Batting cages

Of all the water activities, we were able to go on a Glass Bottom Boat. It was fun, a little nauseating, but I still think snorkeling is better - maybe scuba diving, once I get certified.

Glass bottom boat

Putt-putt golf

The game room

I already miss it. Barbecuing and eating smores on the beach, hearing the waves at night to put us to sleep, and playing in the sand like we were five years old again ... Okuma, we will miss you and we'll be back!

1 comment:

Jessica Simmons said...

I am sooo jealous! That looks like the PERFECT romantic getaway! I will definitely be looking into that for our anniversary in July! LOVE the mermaid, and the big boobies. :o)