Monday, April 27, 2009

Pictures of the Week

All around Okinawa, you would find things that would make you say, "Huh?" It's great that the menu's have pictures, and the Japanese translate things to English to the best of their ability, but some things make me giggle.

Yesterday, Joey and I went to a restaurant where little English is spoken, which we have been to many times, and when we order, we take our waiter to the front counter case and point at the meal displayed - mainly because we can't find what we want on the menu. But as I was reading the menu, things started to make sense!

For example:
Cheeseomureto = Cheese omelet
Furai = fry

They switch the L with R's (and sometimes add a few extra syllables). Would that make my name Riza?

Anyway, here are other things this week that made me giggle.

Men also like to go to the spa - U Time, a Men's Relaxation Salon.
Part of me thinks it's a place that gives more than a massage.

Boring Survey on going.
Hope they don't fall asleep!

This is the construction going on directly across my apartment.
They don't believe in ramps, they just tilt the tow truck up on stilts!

This is a bad angle, but it reads "Car Life Best Suppot."

3 comments:

Charity said...

OMG! I am totally stealing the "Boring Survey" pic for my blog, too! That's freaking hilarious!

Chris and Amy said...

Every car life needs the best suppot it can get.

AmyH said...

I've often thought that U-time was the sort of place that offered a "happy ending" to its customers.