Thursday, April 23, 2009

Earth Day

Once again, sorry for the lack of posts. Nothing exciting has been going on lately. Joey's been super busy with work and I ... well ... been doing the housewife thing - i.e. cleaning, cooking, gym-ing, lunching with friends, watching TV, and sleeping.

In other news, it's Earth Day! Well, I'm a day late, but better late than never.

Last year, I took an Environmental Chemistry class and ever since then, I'd say I became more environmentally aware of what I use, sort of.

I've always recycled, and later turned into a habit. But also because we have to - we live off base and have to separate our trash. See:

We have combustibles, non-combustibles (i.e. glass), cans/tins, and plastics.

It irks me when people don't recycle. You have a soda can? Put it in a different trashcan. It's simple, but yet people don't do it. And if you're one of those people who don't recycle, start doing it. Save your Earth!

We also green bag our groceries and anything else we buy about 90% of the time (sometimes we forget to bring them).


I'd start a vegetable garden, but I don't have a green thumb. That's one thing my sisters and I didn't inherit from my mom. I was always scared I'd kill all my mom's orchids whenever she went out of town and left me in charge of watering them (especially after she mistakenly asked my sister, Nanie, to care for them once and came back home to dead plants).

Happy Earth Day everyone! Go Green!

3 comments:

Chris and Amy said...

My brother in law drives me crazy because he won't recycle. When I stay with them I'll rinse things out and have them drying in the sink and he'll still thrown them away! Go green!

KRISTINA DIZON said...

thanks for telling everyone i killed the plants!! i didn't mean to...honest!

Amy H said...

I have those commissary bags, too. I only remember to actually bring them to the commissary about half the time though. Well, either that or I bring them to the store, but forget to give them to the baggers until they've already bagged most of my groceries. :)