Friday, November 13, 2009

Keiko - Okinawa's Next Top Model

If they had the television show, Okinawa's Next Top Model, then I think Keiko would win hands down! The first four pictures are when we first got Keiko at 9 weeks old. She's a little supermodel, or, I like to call her a Diva.

"Look at the camera Keiko. Beautiful!"

"Look back at me Keiko. Fantastic!"

"Turn to your left side Keiko. Work it girl!"

"Turn to your right side Keiko. The camera loves you!"

Since we got Keiko, we tried to groom her ourselves ... using Joey's clippers. And note that we've never groomed any dog before. We did it two times before we took her to a professional groomer. She didn't look too bad when we did it ourselves, but I prefer the groomers from now on. Or at least until we buy better clippers and learn how to groom her properly.

We may have let her get too shaggy before taking her to the groomers.

Before ...

... and after.

We took her to the Vet today and currently, she's 17 weeks old, 4.8 lbs. and stands 10 inches tall (floor to the top of her back).

Keiko's getting so big now, well, "big" for a toy breed. She's big enough, that she learned how to jump on the couch this week. And I hope I don't jinx myself, but she's been holding in her pee and poop throughout the night for a few weeks now! Woohoo, no more waking up in the middle of the night to take her out or waking up to a soiled blanket!

She's got a lot of energy and is full of personality! She's so playful, loves attention, very friendly, and her favorite game is to play fetch.

Look at her little half-grin, so cute! Or maybe it's a, "Hurry with the pictures Mom, I want to get off here and play with Daddy!" kind of smile.

We love her so much!

2 comments:

Chris and Amy said...

I love when other people get obsessed with their dogs - it makes me seem less crazy. :) Keiko is precious - I'm glad you're enjoying her.

arikisa said...

She is so adorable:-)