Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tropical Storm Morakot

We've got a possible typhoon coming soon and hopefully it'll just pass us by like Typhoon Sinlaku last year. Currently the path is just south of Okinawa.

Morakot watch as of August 5, 2009 at 9:00 am

Okinawa is the bigger island above the 9 of "9PM THU".

This morning I had to do some grocery shopping because I've skipped the past couple of weeks, and boy, do I regret it. Don't get me wrong, I actually love grocery shopping, but the commissary was crazy today!

I got there at 9:10am, and it was packed! Some people were shopping as if they were going to be locked in their homes for a month. Some had a cartful of canned goods or a cartful of water. Then you could easily spot the single guys because all they had in their cart were lots of milk and cereal. I was pretty amused this morning!

I was in no rush today, so all I could do was smile at people because a few of them looked frantic. If the typhoon does hit us, Joey and I are stocked with food and games to entertain ourselves! And if it doesn't hit us, we'll sleep much better without the rain and wind howling outside our window!

Be safe everyone!

1 comment:

Citizen*Warrior*Spouse said...

It sounds like what happens in South Florida :)
I am sure it must have been very entertaining to be at the commissary.